Fix: Garmin Express icon Missing Problem
Garmin Express icon missing is one of the most annoying error as, it trouble users even after successful Garmin Express download and install.
Looking for relevant solution to this issue? Why not read the guide and get your answer!
Most Common Reasons & Solution to Garmin Express Icon Missing
If you haven’t tried even a single remedy to resolve missing Garmin Express shortcut icon, then these steps will surely help you.
However, before executing the concerned solutions do the following:
- Check your Garmin Express software and ensure it is installed successfully.
- Create another profile on Desktop. If you can see the Garmin Express icon- it means your first profile has been corrupt.
- Update Garmin Express software and your OS like Windows or Mac.
- Reboot your desktop after Garmin Express installation.
Hope, these basic steps help you restore missing Garmin Express icon or shortcut.
In case still, your Garmin Express icon for desktop missing, stay tuned!!
Solution 1: Change Desktop Settings
Here desktop refers to your computer’s screen. So, no need to enter the core settings.
- Simply, close down all the programs opened on your device.
- Then, right-click on the blank screen and choose ‘Show Desktop icons’ from the drop-down list.
Note: Make sure the option has a tick in its front after you select it.
- Later, press CTRL+F5 altogether on keyboard for hard refresh and apply the changes.
- In case, you still can’t see the Garmin Express icon on screen, reboot your device.
For map updates :- Download & Update Garmin Maps
Solution 2: Scan and Remove Malware
If you keep ignoring the security threats on your device then, soon they may take over the control on your installed programs.
So, if you have lost Garmin Express icon, it’s time to scan your device and find all vulnerable software with viruses, Trojan, or worms. To find and remove all such malicious software, follow the steps defined herein:
- To begin, if your device has no scanner tool or anti-virus, download one from a reliable source.
- Next, double-click on installed anti-virus program and tap on ‘Scan’ button to begin the process.
- If there’s any malware or infected files- you’ll be guided about its name and location.
- Right-click on the virus file in the catalog and choose ‘Delete’ action to remove the intruders from your device.
- If the files are removed, you may see ‘Delete’ action in the same window.
However, if the file is tough enough that it refuses to delete then, take help from Email experts.
Important: Reboot your device after the virus, Trojan or worms like infection are removed from the system.
Solution 3: Keep Garmin Express icon in Dock option
Another solution to restore disappeared Garmin Express icon is Dock option. For this resolution, all you have to do is:
- Go to Primary drive of your device.
- Search for Garmin folder in installed programs list.
- Right-click on the Garmin express launcher icon and choose ‘Create a shortcut’ option.
Note: You may even drag this icon right away on desktop screen and restore your disappeared Express icon.
- Then, navigate to desktop screen and place your mouse over the Express program shortcut in the dock.
- Finally, select ‘Keep it in dock’ and tap on ‘Save’ button.
Note: This process is autonomous.
However, if you still can’t launch Garmin Express from the shortcut icon, know how to fix Garmin Express not working error.
Still your Garmin Express icon absent from Desktop,
Contact GPS professionals 1-888-250-4888 for solution
Troubleshoot: Garmin Express Icon missing Problem
So, after trying all the above steps, you still can’t find Garmin Express icon on desktop?
Well, in that case- you need more tough solutions to beat your hard problem.
Do Download Garmin Express at 1st place
Solution 1: Disable Task Scheduler
When your Garmin Express missing icon error is back, it’s time to target task scheduler.
But, before trying hands on troubleshooting you must know that this particular app on device fixes the broken files.
Now, to stop task scheduler from running on device, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Start menu, go to Programs from the list and choose Accessories-> System Tools.
- Then, under opened task scheduler’s window, go to Microsoft folder and choose Windows-> then, ‘Diagnosis’ to launch the schedule.
- If you find any activate scheduler, right-click on it to select ‘Disable’ from the menu.
- Finally, reboot your device and get back the missing Garmin Express icon on desktop
However, if you fail in this process, recreate your Garmin Express icon.
Note: Don’t forget to check and change the date/ time on your computer.
Solution 2: Format Icon.db Cache file
Do you have a huge chunk of programs installed on device? Is your desktop screen packed with shortcuts of installed programs?
If that’s a yes, then the question asked above, itself explain the causes of your Garmin Express icon disappeared from desktop.
Now, to fix it:
- Click Windows icon+ R altogether on keyboard.
- Enter ‘regedit’ in the prompted field and hit enter.
- From your registry editor window, tap on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the left pane.
- Then, scroll down to select Software-> Microsoft->Windows->Current Version->Explorer.
- Search for ‘Max Cached icons’ from the list and select any value greater than 10000.
Note: If you can’t find any ‘Max Cached icons’ option- create it as fresh string in the list and reboot your device to apply changes.
- Once you complete the above steps, open primary drive in your system.
- And, navigate to Users-> [your username] -> AppData-> Local and find ‘IconCache.db’ file.
- Right-click on the discovered file and choose Delete from the pulled-down menu.
Finally, reboot your device and see if you are able to resolve the query-“unable to locate Garmin Express icon on desktop”.
Icons are missing after updating Garmin express?
Reach GPS Support team @888-250-4888 for assistance
Solution 3: Garmin Express Icon in System Tray
So, you tried locating Garmin Express launcher from primary drive but can’t find it?
Don’t worry- we have another solution to your problem!
Just follow these quick steps to get Garmin Express missing icon on device:
- Go on your system’s Taskbar and point your mouse on the arrow of system tray.
- Search for the Garmin Express logo in the expanded tray and if found-> right-click on the logo to choose ‘Create a shortcut’ option.
- Your Garmin Express missing icon will restore on desktop screen.
Now, click on Garmin Express icon to launch the program.
However, if Garmin Express displays connectivity issue, refer guide and resolve Garmin Express server error.
In case, you have trouble signing in, see Instructions to fix Garmin Express login error.
Solution 4: Disable System Maintenance Troubleshooter
At times, Garmin Express icon missing problem can bother you a lot!
If that’s a case with you as well, then turn off System Maintenance function in device.
Note: This should be the last troubleshooting step on your list. Especially, when Express icon keeps removing itself from computer.
- Navigate to Control panel and under System-Security section, tap on ‘Find and fix problems.’
- Now, go to Changed Settings in left pane and choose ‘Off’ radio button in ‘Computer Maintenance’ window.
Note: Change your view to find System and Security Settings.
Hope the guide helps you fix Garmin Express icon missing problem.