Garmin Connect not working | Troubleshooting
When you say-‘Garmin connect not working’- the statement carries different meaning to it. For instance, if your Connect doesn’t pair with Express or keeps closing all of a sudden then, it is referred to as Garmin connect not responding.
But, don’t worry!! Because, we have included all types of Garmin connect problems in this guide that keeps interrupting the smooth functioning of Connect app.
What’s in Here?
Obviously, here- you’ll find the answer to varied Garmin Connect not working situations. However, for better comprehension- you must go through the list below:
- All possible causes for Garmin Connect quit working
- Situations and handy solutions for Connect not responding
- Tips to avoid Garmin Connect freezing/ keep crashing/ not working situations in future
Common Reasons for Garmin Connect not working
Here is the complete list of reasons that leads to Connect not responding issue:
Garmin Connect Jammed due to Poor Internet
Generally, Garmin Connect freezes when the internet connection is not stable and keeps going away. As, a result- you see an egg-like shell revolving on the screen with no progress in steps.
Connect App Stop Responding due to Loose/ Damaged Device Port
Unfortunately, when everything is working perfect, a loose/ broken pin or damaged cables try to build connection with the Connect app but failed to do so.
Garmin connect keeps disconnecting from Express software
You will face Garmin Connect not working issue when Express software displays connection error. This may happen- if Garmin Express displays server error or Express software can’t find Garmin device.
Corrupt Garmin express download and install can also trigger the error.
Garmin Connect sync not working because of Malware in Computer/ Mobile
If your computer or mobile has any malicious software like Trojan or Worms then, they may stop your Garmin Connect app from syncing data.
Incorrect / Tampered Garmin Connect Settings
Some users customize Garmin connect settings without prior knowledge about it. As a result, Connect app either stops working or troubles you with login error.
Faulty Garmin Device
Last but not least, if your Garmin device is damaged or defective- it cannot connect or work with any software or application like Connect.
In such case, we suggest contacting the manufacturer for immediate repair or replacement.
Need instant solution to Garmin Connect not working error?
Reach GPS experts @855-287-6305 for Answer
Different solutions to Garmin Connect Not working situations
Now, you must be fully aware of Garmin connect dashboard not working issue.
So, if you are troubled by any of these relating Garmin Connect errors then, our troubleshooting guide can help you fix the problem.
Situation 1: Garmin Connect Account not pairing with Express software
Following troubleshooting steps will help you resolve the issue:
- Try rebooting your mobile or computer and then, attempt to complete pairing process again.
- In case, the issue still persists-update Garmin Express software.
- Also, ensure that you’re typing the right Garmin connect login credentials else, the error will prevail.
- In case, you see server issue, know how to fix Garmin Express server communication error.
- For persisting problem, download Garmin express again and reinstall it.
Note: As, there might be corrupt files on Garmin Express.
If the Garmin connect still not showing up then, know how to resolve Garmin Express not syncing issue.
Situation 2: Garmin Device pairing breaks while Data is Syncing
As said earlier, poor Internet connection can also display ‘Garmin Connect activities not uploading’ error message. However, we cannot ignore the loose port or damaged cables (in case, they occur).
- Avoid using public wifi network or work computers.
- When using Internet, ensure you have a strong signal with good speed. In case, you want to improve the download speed:
- Disable all third-party security software installed on device.
- Close all other running programs or downloads on your system.
- Refrain from online video streaming during this process.
- If your Garmin Connect still keeps losing connection during data synchronization then, contact your ISP to confirm and get Internet service- which is capped.
- Also, ask your ISP about the bandwidth management technique as, it can cause Garmin Connect to lose connection to server.
If you feel that there’s no issue with Internet, then try the following steps:
- Check the ports and cables connected to pair Garmin device with Connect Account.
In case, the ports are not working- try using another one. And, in case of defective cables- replace them!
- If your Garmin Bluetooth is waiting to connect with device from a long time then, see instructions to fix Garmin Connect Bluetooth sync issues.
If Garmin connect app not working on iPhone, stay tuned for the solution.
Situation 3: Garmin Connect freezes every time I open it, rest programs are OK
With no more fuss, let’s right away troubleshoot this Garmin Connect not working issue:
- Reboot your mobile device to create more space in RAM for Connect App to run.
- Disable all system’s firewall and third-party security software.
- Clear device cache, cookies, and history to improve the working speed of Garmin Connect.
- Run Connect App in compatibility mode.
- Update Garmin Connect App as outdated version stop responding after a while.
- In case, none of this solution help- try running Garmin Connect as Administrator.
However, if your Garmin connect keeps crashing even after several tries then, we suggest you download Garmin Connect app again.
For Garmin Connect Account- you must try sign in using another browser window.
When Garmin connect stops responding Windows 10,
Contact GPS professionals @855-287-6305
Situation 4: Can’t login Garmin Connect Account
If you are trying to login Garmin Connect account but failed to do so then, it is also referred as Garmin connect stops responding.
And, to get out of this scenario:
- Make sure you are typing the correct spellings of username and password. Also, remember that the Garmin connect login credentials are case-sensitive.
- If you have changed the Garmin Connect password then, ensure you also update it in your system’s memory.
- Next, you can go for Garmin Connect password reset option and create a new lock for your account.
Express software users may see how to fix Garmin express login issue.
Situation 5: Garmin Connect missing Activity/ Health Stats/ Training data
When Garmin connect activity not showing up, troubleshoot the error with following steps:
- Go to Garmin Connect Settings-> 3rd part apps.
- Now, see if the application that you are using and syncing data from is listed in there or not.
- If you can’t see the application on list, we suggest adding it.
- Also, not down that not all the fitness applications out in Play or Apple store are compatible with your Garmin connect.
- If you feel that earlier the Connect was displaying all the activities but it happened all of a sudden then, check your Internet connection (first).
- Later, we suggest calling GPS experts so, they can guide you if the error is relating your account/ device or it’s the server issue at their end.
For latter reason, you can only wait for the Garmin Connect not working problem to resolve as it reveals that Garmin connect down.
Situation 6: Garmin Connect crashes- every time I try Opening it
For such Garmin connect not responding problem, it’s most likely the corrupt files of the Connect app.
And, to fix it:
- Uninstall Garmin connect app from the mobile settings of your device.
- Then, open Play/ Apple store and download fresh Garmin Connect App on device.
- Scan the software as well as your device to ensure there’s no malware present.
- Then, install the application and start accessing it again.
In case, still, Garmin connect breaks on android- we suggest asking GPS experts for advanced solution.
Still, Garmin connect app keeps closing?
Call GPS experts @855-287-6305 for Solution
Situation 7: Garmin Connect not working post update
The situation itself explains the core of an issue. This implies you need to either reinstall the Garmin Connect update or restore back your system to previous stage.
For the detailed steps of both the solutions, see the steps below:
- Go to your device Settings.
- Scroll down to “About info” and reinstall the available Garmin Connect update.
- If you are using desktop, open Settings.
- Then, tap on Update & Security option.
- Click on Windows Update to check, download, and reinstall the update automatically.
Don’t forget to reboot your device after the process finishes.
In case, you want to restore your system:
- Tap on Control Panel-> System and Security-> System Protection link in the left panel.
- Then, in the System Properties dialog box, tap on System Protection tab and click the Create button.
- Mention the restore point, and click Create.
- You’ll get an alert message after the system restore point is created.
Hope, you have an error-free Garmin Connect account or app now with you. Additionally, if you want that Garmin Connect doesn’t trouble you in future then, attend these tricks:
- Mobile users- keep your Garmin Connect app up-to-date.
- In case, you are using Computer and Garmin express to sync data, maintain it by installing the latest firmware.
- Check for a high-speed and stable Internet connection.
- Update Garmin device like Nuvi as well. Check out Garmin Nuvi map/ device update.
- Do not run or download any other program while you sync Garmin data, else you have to say that Garmin Connect sync not working anymore.
- Avoid abrupt closing of Garmin Connect as, it may damage the software files.