How do I Update Garmin Nuvi Maps For Free?
Update your Garmin Nuvi maps periodically to stay aware of the latest roads, streets, shops, and other buildings in an area. Simply, replace your old 'Gmapsupp' file and get the latest changes on the GPS maps used by your personal Garmin navigation device.
Garmin Nuvi Update Maps- Know How-to-do
Surprisingly, you may update Garmin Nuvi maps using any one of these two methods:
- By Garmin Express
- Through myGarmin Account
Steps to map update GPS Nuvi maps using Garmin Express
Check out your systematic procedure to download & install map update for Nuvi device.
- Meet system requirements and download Garmin Express Windows or Mac program.
- Install Garmin Express software on your laptop or computer.
- On the other side, connect your Garmin Nuvi to computer.
- Later, launch the GPS Express application and click on 'Add a device' box.
- Register your nuvi device by providing Garmin account email address to complete the setup.
- Finally, you'll see the Express dashboard. Click on 'Install' button next to your latest garmin map update available for the device.
How can I update Nuvi maps using myGarmin Account?
Want to know more about GPS Nuvi map update via myGarmin account?- Follow these steps:
- Open https://my.garmin.com/ and login your Garmin account.
- Next, plug in your Garmin Nuvi device in computer or laptop.
- In Garmin account, click on add a device & select your GPS Nuvi from the list.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete Garmin Nuvi device registration.
- Next, Click on 'Order Now' button to purchase the paid map updates.
- However, for free map updates, simply click on 'Get Free Update'-> 'Download' button.
- Save the free GPS map update file on your Windows or Mac system.
- Lastly, delete and replace the 'gmapsupp' file in device folder with the new updates file in another folder.
Note: Some of the map updates require you to provide product key that's present with the file.
How to Update my Garmin Nuvi Software?
Every Garmin Nuvi software update contains an answer to the earlier security loopholes, errors, outdated elements, and incompatibilities. In short, your Garmin Nuvi device can never be perfect. So, to prevent any vulnerabilities & errors in Nuvi device- update your device frequently.
Tricks to Update Firmware on Garmin Nuvi
Use Garmin Express application or login myGarmin account to complete your Nuvi device software update.
Know your steps to this process here:
- Download and install Garmin Express after meeting system prerequisites
- Plug-in your Nuvi device to computer using a USB cable and start Garmin Express
- Click 'Add a device' and wait until Express software detects your device.
- Register your Nuvi product with the application and finally, select an option on Express dashboard to install nuvi software update.
- Thus, Garmin Express download and install software update on your Nuvi device.
Note: Select an option to install the program on Windows or Mac computer.
Important: You may also update Garmin Nuvi firmware using Garmin account.
Need help? - Please make your choice below to resolve Garmin Nuvi software update error.
How to Download & Install Garmin Nuvi Maps?
For the best travel experience in a new city or mountain trail- get the concerned maps on your GPS device, so you don't feel lost on streets or woods, respectively. You may download either paid or free maps & install it on your Garmin Nuvi using Map manager and Map Install program.
Download Garmin Maps on Your Nuvi device
Note: The steps herein are explained with an example of Topographic maps that we are going to install on Garmin GPS device.
- Download and install 'Map Manager' & 'Mapinstall.exe' on your laptop or computer.
- Once you install the program successfully, right-click on your download map image file and open it using 'Map manager' software.
- As soon the file loads on your program, click on 'Install' button in a prompt window.
- Now, connect your GPS device to the computer and launch 'Garmin Map Install' to select the GPS device from the drop-down box.
- On the right-down corner click on 'Send maps' button and finally, on 'Confirm' button to build the map image file and later- install it on Garmin Nuvi device.
For instance, if you have a Garmin Nuvi 2595 connected to your PC then, select Nuvi 2595 from the list.
Important: The process may take hours to complete, so leave the system without intervening its process.
Most Common Garmin Nuvi Issues & Fixes
Bring your Garmin Nuvi gear in smooth operation with easy-to-fix instructions given below
Touchscreen not Responding
When Garmin Nuvi touch screen not working, calibrate your screen by pressing & holding the power button. Restart your Garmin Nuvi device after an interval of 10 seconds & press the dots on white screen to calibrate screen automatically.Read More
GPS Voice not Working
To fix 'Garmin Nuvi no sound' error- make sure the device is not faulty. Later, tap on 'Volume' icon to uncheck 'Mute' function- if enabled accidentally. If these solutions go in vain- then, master reset Garmin Nuvi to restore default configuration.Read More
Garmin Nuvi is frozen
If Garmin Nuvi displays frozen screen & doesn't boot up-then, press & hold reset button at the device screen bottom for around 8 seconds & then, release it. In case, there's no reset button, slide your power key to 'ON' position & later, release it.Read More
Garmin Nuvi Satellite Issue
Keeping your GPS device indoor or when environmental conditions are not favorable, the Garmin device will have issues acquiring satellite signal. Remove any protective coating on your vehicle's windshield or Nuvi device to get rid of the problem.Read More
Garmin Nuvi reset button not working
To make Garmin Nuvi master reset button work, check if your device has enough power or not! Also, ensure that your Nuvi device is not at fault and the reset button is not loosely held in device, else get it repaired.Read More
Other Garmin Nuvi Errors- We Troubleshoot
Browse the list and to find out the Garmin Nuvi issues that our GPS experts resolve for 1000s of users daily.
Fix Memory Error: Not Enough Space Map Update In Garmin Nuvi
Garmin Nuvi Reset
Failure to detect signal
Garmin Nuvi applications are not opening up
Unresponsive touch screen
Nuvi device keeps Rebooting
Garmin Nuvi locked out
Garmin Map Update notice Frozen
Base Camp maps update Download Error
Garmin Nuvi won’t charge
Insufficient Space for map update to finish
Can't Move Paths and maps between devices
Charging & Battery issues during map update
Garmin dashboard update errors
Can't Enter Coordinates in a Garmin
GPS Touch panel not working
Devices We Support
Explore the list of Garmin Nuvi devices that we have included in our US & Canada Support Services
- Garmin Nuvi 1450
- Garmin Nuvi 200
- Garmin Nuvi 1300
- Garmin Nuvi 1490
- Garmin Nuvi 255w
- Garmin Nuvi 265w
- Garmin Nuvi 40lm
- Garmin Nuvi 40, 55
- Garmin Nuvi 52
- Garmin Nuvi 760
- Garmin Nuvi 55lm
- Garmin Nuvi 52lm
- Garmin Nuvi 68lm
- Garmin Nuvi 56lm
- Garmin Nuvi 205w
- Garmin Nuvi 2595
- Garmin Nuvi 2639lmt
- Garmin Nuvi 3790t
- Garmin Nuvi 3597
- Garmin Nuvi 2555lmt
- Garmin Nuvi 57lmt
Can't Find your Gamin Nuvi Device Here?
Contact the GPS Experts to get all help for your GPS Nuvi device.
Different Ways to Reach Us
We provide troubleshooting services for all types of Garmin Nuvi devices through following windows
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the highly raised Garmin Nuvi issues-reported by our Support service customers
The steps for the reset process are as follows:
- Turn OFF your device and make sure it's not powered ON and plugged out.
- With your finger-tip touch, press and hold the lower right corner of your device's screen
- Now power on the device by pressing and holding the Power button
- Once the device turns on, release the power button
- You will get a new warning message on the screen “Do you really want to erase all user data?"
- Tap the "Yes".
If you your touch screen is broken or damaged, then get it replaced without any second thought, if the screen is illuminated but not responding, most likely it got frozen try restarting the device. In case, you see a black screen; your device may be out of battery then, check out the batteries status, charge them or replace if required.
Your Garmin Nuvi may not turn on even when it is plugged in and power is ON for many possible reasons. Interrupting or low voltage power supply, Nuvi device hardware malfunctioning or Gamin software or firmware update related issue may be the reason for this situation. Confirm the accurate reason first before proceeding to fix it.
If the device hasn't been in use for a long time, the inbuilt data may be out of date. You have to choose “new location” from the menu to reset the machine.
Follow the following operations for the updating of the maps from Garmin:
- Select myMaps tab in your device.
- The installed maps at present and the available updates are itemized next to each of your registered devices.
- The device is qualified for a free map update which would be clearly mentioned. Update the device from the company server.
Connect your Garmin Nuvi device to computer. Now, before beginning the update, register your Nuvi device on Garmin Express application. Lastly, if the map updates are available for your Garmin Nuvi device- you'll get them on the dashboard.
You can also download Garmin map update from your myGarmin account. Simply, login using your Garmin credentials and click on myMaps tab in the signed in window. You will get directed to the page that displays all installed map updates and the ones that need to be installed on your device ( the device i.e. registered with the account).